How much do Granite or Quartz countertops cost?
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin
Several times a day we receive the call: “I have 57 sq.ft of countertop in my kitchen. How much will it cost to get granite countertops?”. That’s like calling a car dealership and asking them how much cars cost by the pound. The truth is, not two kitchens with the same amount of sq.ft. are alike. Let us help you get an accurate and honest estimate for your kitchen or bathroom countertops.
Beware of the “Bait & Switch” tactic.
We find that most companies that advertise “$xx per sq.ft” are not really giving you all the details on all the extra charges. Or here’s another common practice, the colors they display under the sign are not the colors in the “special pricing”. The “special price” material is probably a ugly pre-fab counter that no one would dare have in their house.
Getting the cost for your countertops.
A little information from the customer can lead to a better estimate and save a lot of time. Here is a couple of details to have available.
- Sketch with dimensions of your kitchen or bathroom layout. Doesn’t have to be fancy. You can also attach a few pictures if you feel your sketch is hard to understand.
- What type of material are you looking for: Granite, Quartz, Marble, etc.? Do you have a color in mind?
- Is their existing countertops or is it new cabinets? Will the fabricator need to demo existing?
- What type of sink are you using: undermount, top mount, farm sink? What type of material: stainless steel, ceramic, etc?
- Do you have a certain edge detail you like?
- Where is the project located?
- Any other special notes you think the fabricator should know.
Now make sure you are comparing the quotes accurately and don’t be hesitant to ask questions. Not only should you look at the cost, you should also take the time to research the company that will be doing the work…..I mean, you are trusting them to come into your home. An easy place to start is searching the company on google. Also, ask if the company is insured and bonded. If you are in the Houston or surrounding area, and are looking for granite, quartz or marble countertops, don’t hesitate to contact us and give us an opportunity to give you an honest quote.